Region 4 provides professional development opportunities and technical assistance for districts and charter schools who serve students with visual impairments.
- Technology loan program and open lab technical assistance
- Technology for specific student use is loaned to school districts and charters in the Region 4 service area to supplement district owned technology.
- Services available for LEAs that have signed a Technology Loan Program for Students with Visual Impairments Participation Agreement. (see form link below)
- To submit a request for the VI loan program or technical assistance, log into FileMaker WebDirect.
- Orientation and Mobility (O&M) funds to support districts with O&M specialists
- Quality Programs for Students with Visual Impairments (QPVI) is one way to ensure that district programs meet federal and state requirements
- Project DOVES is a low vision evaluation sponsored in conjunction with the University of Houston, Center for Sight Enhancement
- The Visual Impairment Endorsement Program prepares teachers to serve students with visual impairments
- Technical Assistance is available to teachers in the Region 4 service area.
Evaluation Suite: Templates to Determine Vision Needs
NOTE: Please download the interactive pdf templates and open them locally rather than viewing them in the browser. Because of the interactive nature of these forms, they may not work properly within the browser.
- General Functional Vision Evaluation and Learning Media Assessment
- Cerebral/Cortical Visual Impairment (CVI)
- Multiple Impairment and Visual Impairment (MIVI)
- Deafblind Supplement Evaluation Resource Guide
Registration for professional development is available on-line through the Region 4 eCatalog.