Region 4 provides professional development opportunities and technical assistance for districts and charter schools who serve students with visual impairments.
- Orientation and Mobility (O&M) funds to support districts with O&M specialists
- Quality Programs for Students with Visual Impairments (QPVI) is one way to ensure that district programs meet federal and state requirements
- Project DOVES is a low vision evaluation sponsored in conjunction with the University of Houston, Center for Sight Enhancement
- The Visual Impairment Endorsement Program prepares teachers to serve students with visual impairments
- Technical Assistance is available to teachers in the Region 4 service area.
Evaluation Suite: Templates to Determine Vision Needs
NOTE: Please download the interactive pdf templates and open locally rather than viewing them in the browser. Because of the interactive nature of these forms, they may not work properly within the browser.
- General Functional Vision Evaluation and Learning Media Assessment
- Cerebral/Cortical Visual Impairment (CVI)
- Multiple Impairment and Visual Impairment (MIVI)
- Deafblind Supplement Evaluation Resource Guide
Registration for professional development is available on-line through the Region 4 eCatalog.