Region 4 provides professional development opportunities and technical assistance for districts and charter schools who serve students with visual impairments.
- Orientation and Mobility (O&M) funds to support districts with O&M specialists
- Quality Programs for Students with Visual Impairments (QPVI) is one way to ensure that district programs meet federal and state requirements
- Project DOVES is a low vision evaluation sponsored in conjunction with the University of Houston, Center for Sight Enhancement
- The Visual Impairment Endorsement Program prepares teachers to serve students with visual impairments
- Technical Assistance is available to teachers in the Region 4 service area.
Evaluation Suite: Templates to Determine Vision Needs
- General Functional Vision Evaluation and Learning Media Assessment
- Cerebral/Cortical Visual Impairment (CVI)
- Multiple Impairment and Visual Impairment (MIVI)
- Deafblind Supplement Evaluation Resource Guide
- For general information regarding visual impairment
- For information on VI Endorsement programs in Texas
Registration for professional development is available on-line through the Region 4 eCatalog.