Region 4 Education Service Center (Region 4) invites all schools (local education agencies (LEAs)) in the region to apply for a new project designed to build capacity at the classroom and campus levels to support inclusive practices and instructional techniques in order to significantly improve outcomes for students receiving special education services.
The project is supported by state and federal funds specifically allocated to support inclusive practices and supports TEA’s Special Education Strategic Plan (April 23, 2019).
The goal of the inclusive services and practices project is to build capacity in development and implementation of meaningful access to and progress in the least restrictive environment that results in positive outcomes for students with disabilities.
Activities to support the project may include:
- Development of specially designed instruction to build a foundation in math and reading inclusive of dyslexia and related disorders
- Developing models of inclusion supports and practices that promote services to students as opposed to students to services
- Development of assistive technology for accommodations to achieve meaningful and full appropriate access
- Development of differentiated instruction and/or Universal Design for Learning
- Development of student self-advocacy and self-determination
Application and Project Requirements
- Review the online application which is based on The 4 Disciplines of Execution
- Schedule an administrator meeting with a Region 4 Education Specialist by contacting Jane Georges email@example.com
- Complete the online application which is based on The 4 Disciplines of Execution
- Review progress towards the Wildly Important Goals (WIGs) at least twice during the school year with a Region 4 Education Specialist