The Regional School Safety Summit is an intensive and interactive one-day conference. Conference sessions will cover the four-key areas essential to comprehensive school safety:
Educators, Administrators, Safety Professionals, Mental and Behavioral Health Professionals, School-Based Law Enforcement, and Community Members/Leaders.
Keynote Speaker: Dr. Adam Sáenz
Dr. Adam Sáenz earned his Ph.D. in School Psychology from Texas A&M University as a United States Department of Education doctoral fellow. He completed his predoctoral clinical training under a fellowship appointment to Harvard Medical School, and he has a postdoctorate in clinical psychology from the Alpert Medical School of Brown University. Dr. Sáenz also earned a Doctorate of Ministry in Pastoral Counseling from Graduate Theological Foundation with residency at Christ Church college of Oxford University.
Dr. Sáenz is the author of the best selling book, The Power of a Teacher, and his next book, The EQ Intervention: Shaping a Self-Aware Generation Through Social and Emotional Learning is scheduled for release with Greenleaf Press in the spring of 2020.
He currently serves as the Executive Director of the Oakwood Collaborative, the counseling and assessment clinic he founded in 2003, and he consults with school systems internationally in the areas of emotional intelligence, self-care, and the dynamics of relationship- based learning. In addition to his clinical work, Dr. Saenz serves as a high school track and field, coach. He is a member of the Association for Applied Sports Psychology, and he is a lifetime member of the Texas Track and Field Coaches Association.
Dr. Sáenz and his wife, Kim, have been married 24 years, and they have four children: Alisa, Mya, Isaiah, and Andrew.
Breakout Session Topics
- Hacking a School District: Three Compromises in Three Weeks
- Creating a Positive Campus Culture through Safety and Security Best Practices
- Mental and Behavioral Health Roadmap and Toolkit for Schools
- School Safety Communication
- Human Trafficking: A Guide for Educators and School Officials
- Teen Dating Violence
- Creating a Safe and Respectful School Environment
- Community Safety Education Act of Texas
- An Educator's Guide to Social Media
- A Guide to Title IX in Schools
- Suicide Prevention
- Improving School Climate & Safety through a MTSS framework
- Trauma Informed Classroom Practices
- PBIS in the Classroom
- Threat Assessment and Standard Response Protocol Overview
- Prevention Education: Leveraging Technology to Inform
- Impacting District Climate through PBIS
- Creating a KOlture of Belonging
- Trauma in Children
- Self-Care for Educators
- And MORE...