June 10-11, 2019
The Regional School Safety Summit is an intensive and interactive two-day conference. Conference sessions will cover the four-key areas essential to comprehensive school safety:
- Health & Wellness
Regional School Safety Summit Agenda
Agenda Day 1
Agenda Day 2
- Emergency Management and Operations
- Culture, Climate and Community, and
- Law, Policy and Finance.
- Experience hands-on learning about school safety best practices from regional experts.
- Engage in deep-dive breakout sessions, workshops, leadership round tables, and inspirational keynotes.
- Connect with other educators, administrators, safety professionals, mental and behavioral health practitioners, school-based law enforcement, and community leaders.
- Add to your school safety toolbox to better meet your school community’s school safety needs.
Who Should Attend?
Educators, Administrators, Safety Professionals, Mental and Behavioral Health Professionals, School-Based Law Enforcement, and Community Members/Leaders.
The Keynote Speaker is Dr. Andy Keller, President and Chief Executive Officer of The Meadows Mental Health Policy Institute. Dr. Keller is a psychologist with more than 20 years of experience in behavioral health policy and is a recognized leader in health and human services integration, behavioral health financing, and implementation of empirically supported practices for adults and children. Dr. Keller was also a founding partner of TriWest Group, a national behavioral health systems consulting firm focused on human service evaluation, community collaboration and management. His work has centered on helping local systems implement evidence-based and innovative care, as well as helping local and state governments develop the regulatory and financial framework to support them. Prior to forming TriWest, Andy worked in Colorado at the health plan level with a leading Medicaid HMO and at the provider level with the Mental Health Center of Denver. He has directed and led a range of community-based programs, including assertive community treatment teams, adult and child outpatient clinics, school-based and early childhood programs, and specialty programs for older adults and Latino communities.
Breakout Session Topics
- Hacking a School District: Three Compromises in Three Weeks
- Emerging Topics in Nursing
- Creating a Positive Campus Culture through Safety and Security Best Practices
- Mental and Behavioral Health Roadmap and Toolkit for Schools
- School Safety Communication
- Human Trafficking: A Guide for Educators and School Officials
- Teen Dating Violence
- Creating a Safe and Respectful School Environment
- Community Safety Education Act of Texas
- An Educator's Guide to Social Media
- A Guide to Title IX in Schools
- Suicide Prevention
- Improving School Climate & Safety through a MTSS framework
- Trauma Informed Classroom Practices
- PBIS in the Classroom
- Threat Assessment and Standard Response Protocol Overview
- Prevention Education: Leveraging Technology to Inform
- Impacting District Climate through PBIS
- Creating a KOlture of Belonging
- Trauma in Children
- Self-Care for Educators
- And MORE...
Call for Presenters
Call for Exhibitors and Sponsors
Region 4 Education Service Center is now accepting exhibitor and sponsorship applications for the 2019 Regional School Safety Summit to be held Monday, June 10 and Tuesday, June 11, 2019 at the Region 4 McKinney Conference Center located at 7200 Northwest Drive 100, Houston, Texas, 77092.
The 2019 Regional School Safety Summit will provide a platform for educators, administrators, safety professionals, mental and behavioral health practitioners, school-based law enforcement, and community leaders to collaborate, network and receive crucial information and resources to enhance school safety needs.
Exhibitor Registration Fee(s):
- $400 (Corporations)
- $200 (Non-Profits)
Exhibitor Showcase on App: $150
Packet Inserts: $200
Region 4 is seeking sponsors for the 2019 Regional School Safety Summit. By serving as a sponsor, you and your company will have an opportunity to maximize time and marketing efforts for new products and services to potential new clients. Sponsors also gain valuable one-on-one networking opportunities with educators, administrators, safety professionals, mental and behavioral health practitioners, school-based law enforcement, and community leaders. Sponsorship opportunities are limited, so please sign up today. All exhibitors and sponsors will receive acknowledgement in each participant packet as well as on the event app.
- Keynote (Fulfilled)
- Participant Bags
Important Dates to Remember
May 5, 2019
Last Day to Submit Exhibitor Registration Forms
May 10, 2019
Sponsorship Logo and Advertisement Submission is Due
May 12, 2019
Sponsorship Payment Due
Exhibitor Registration Payment Due
May 24, 2019
Last Day to Submit Conference Packet Inserts
Last Day to Request Refund
May 31, 2019
No Refunds for Cancellations Made After 5/31/2019