Join us Virtually on Tuesday, April 26, 2022, for the Regional School Safety Summit
Hosted by Region 4 and Crime Stoppers of Houston
Call for Presenters
The virtual Regional School Safety Summit is an intensive, interactive conference with sessions covering four key areas essential to comprehensive school safety:
- Health & Wellness;
- Emergency Management and Operations;
- Culture, Climate, and Community; and
- Law, Policy, and Finance.
What to Expect
- Experience hands-on learning about school safety best practices from regional experts.
- Engage in deep-dive breakout sessions, workshops, leadership round tables, and inspirational keynotes.
- Connect with other educators, administrators, safety professionals, mental and behavioral health practitioners, school-based law enforcement, and community leaders.
- Add to your school safety toolbox to better meet your school community’s school safety needs.
Who Should Attend
Educators, Administrators, Safety Professionals, Mental and Behavioral Health Professionals, School-Based Law Enforcement, and Community Members/Leaders.
Keynote Speaker - Chris McKenna
Chris McKenna, Founder: A man with never-ending energy when it comes to fighting for the safety and protection of children. Chris practices his internet safety tips on his four amazing children and is regularly featured on news, radio, and podcasts for his research. His 2019 US Senate Judiciary Committee testimony was the catalyst for draft legislation and ongoing discussion that could radically change online child protection laws and earned PYE the NCOSE Dignity Defense Alert Award in 2020. The PYE team has performed over 1,300 presentations at schools, churches, and nonprofits and was featured in the Childhood 2.0 movie. When not leading PYE, Chris is the Digital Marketing Manager for Covenant Eyes. Other loves include running, family road trips, spreadsheets, nature, and candy.
Regional School Safety Summit Agenda
April 26, 2022
Examples of Prior-Year Breakout Session Topics (full list to be published after sessions finalized)
- Hacking a School District: Three Compromises in Three Weeks
- Creating a Positive Campus Culture through Safety and Security Best Practices
- Mental and Behavioral Health Roadmap and Toolkit for Schools
- School Safety Communication
- Human Trafficking: A Guide for Educators and School Officials
- Teen Dating Violence
- Creating a Safe and Respectful School Environment
- Community Safety Education Act of Texas
- An Educator's Guide to Social Media
- A Guide to Title IX in Schools
- Suicide Prevention
- Improving School Climate & Safety through a MTSS framework
- Trauma Informed Classroom Practices
- PBIS in the Classroom
- Threat Assessment and Standard Response Protocol Overview
- Prevention Education: Leveraging Technology to Inform
- Impacting District Climate through PBIS
- Creating a KOlture of Belonging
- Trauma in Children
- Self-Care for Educators