Become a Certified Structured Literacy Dyslexia Interventionist
through the Reading by Design Accredited Pathway!
Below are details about participant requirements as well as the program study and practicum requirements cohort participants will be responsible for within this yearlong program.
For more information, contact Mary Yarus, MEd, LDT, CALT, SLDS, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Minimum Degree Required
|Program of Study Requirement
Minimum 90 training hours:
- 45 Hours: focus on the Knowledge and Practice Standards (KPS) for Teachers of Reading, and
- 45 Hours: focus on assessment, progress monitoring, lesson planning, and lesson delivery associated with decoding-strand skills (including phonological awareness, phonics, and fluency)
- View the Cohort Course List linked below for a breakdown of the hours of study.
- Provide intervention with Reading by Design 4–5 days per week for 45 minutes per day with a group of 2–5 students for a minimum of 48 sessions in the 13 month period.
- Obtain a passing score on Practicum Portfolio per rubric. This portfolio will consist of three write-ups of three recorded Reading by Design sessions by the candidate. It will also include formal observation and conference notes by the cohort leader for each session.
||Passing score on KPEERI