THANK YOU to everyone who attended this year's SOLD OUT Dyslexia Conference!
Below are a list of the presentations that have been provided to our team. For questions or more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
2019 Conference Presentations
- Adapting SPDI to Specially Designed Instruction for IDEA Students with Dyslexia
- “But Teacher, I Don’t Know How to Write.” Helping Young Students Develop Foundation Skills Needed for Becoming a Writer (Presentation)
- Demystifying Dysgraphia (Presentation)
- Do You Hear What I Hear? A Jump‐Start in Phonemic Awareness
- Dyslexia and Math (Presentation)
- Dysmantling Dyslexia: Instructional Strategies that Improve Student Efficacy, Resilience, and Outlook (Presentation)
- ¡Eme con a MA! How to Conduct Bilingual Dyslexia Assessments
- The Emotional Impact of Dyslexia
- Expository Text: Developing a Card Pyramid for Summary Writing (Sample)
- Fire Up the Neurons ‐ A Multisensory Approach to Building Foundational Skills and Reading Comprehension
- Game On 2.0 (Presentation)
- Host a Neurodiversity Night
- How Your SLP can Help Identify Early Signs of Dyslexia
- The Imagery‐Language Foundation: Teaching All Children to Read and Comprehend
- Instructional Implications: How Instructional Providers Align Interventions to Grow Students With Dyslexia
- The Intersection of Multi‐Tiered Systems of Support and Dyslexia Services
- It’s OK to Laugh: A Light‐hearted Look at LD
- Kids DO Love Poetry!
- Let’s Play with PA! (Phonological Awareness Activities to Build a Firm Foundation for Literacy) (Presentation)
- Linguistic Demands and Dyslexia Assessment (Presentation)
- Making Sense of the Seemingly Senseless (Presentation)
- Oh, The Places Dyslexia Will Go!
- Picture Books: The Secondary Teacher’s Magic Trick (Reference File 1) (Presentation)
- Readying the Road to Reading and Writing for ALL Children: Important Foundations for Literacy Learning (Presentation)
- The Science of Reading: Keeping Up With the Research (Presentation)
- Scientific Spelling: The 5 Rules that Apply to the English Language (Handout)
- "She Just Won't Do It!"‐ How to Build Motivation Within Struggling Readers
- Sight Word Bonanza (Presentation)
- Simple Centers, Seriously (K‐5)
- Sound Word Walls: Simultaneously Strengthening Fluency, Vocabulary, and Comprehension (Presentation)
- Teaching Phonics Through Phoneme‐Grapheme Mapping (Presentation)
- TexQuest Treasure Chest
- Understanding Texas Legal Requirements for Supporting Struggling Learners (Presentation)
- Updates to STAAR Accessibility Features and Designated Supports Policies (Presentation)
- Using RTI Problem Solving in Designing Instruction and Interventions for Struggling Readers (Presentation)
- “We Teach Them, but Who Are They?” A Peek at Some Data about Gen Z
2018 Conference Session Handouts
Did you attend this year's conference, and would like to download some of our breakout session presentation files? Follow the links below.
For more information, contact Jan Cook, Dyslexia Specialist at Region 4.
The materials and content provided below are included in registration for the 19th Annual Region 4 Dyslexia Conference and should be used for informational purposes only. Unless otherwise noted, Region 4 Education Service Center is not the author of such Content and is not liable in any way for this Content, including, but not limited to: any infringing Content, any errors or omissions in Content, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, transmitted, linked from, or otherwise accessible through or made available via this web page.