Names Behind the Numbers: Strengthening Data Practices
February 22, 2023 | 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. (In-Person Event at Region 4 ESC)
Join other administrators and educators for this one-day conference focused on best practices in using data to strengthen and accelerate outcomes. Attend keynote and breakout sessions that provide information and networking opportunities with
- Building a culture that embraces data;
- Making the most of data;
- Strengthening improvement with data;
- Telling your story with data;
- Utilizing the S.A.M.E. Pathway; and
- Leveraging data programs.
Dr. John W. Hodge is President of Urban Learning and Leadership Center (ULLC). ULLC is a staff development and training organization that serves school districts throughout the United States. Dr Hodge has served as a reading teacher, English teacher, AVID teacher, Assistant Principal and Associate Director of AVID Center Eastern Division. He served as Director of An Achievable Dream Academy, an inner city school where many of the interventions used by Urban Learning and Leadership Center were piloted. An Achievable Dream Academy is a high performing, high poverty school that has received numerous national awards. Prior to starting his career in education, Dr. John W. Hodge distinguished himself in the service of our country with the 7th Infantry Division of the United States Army.
His career has been defined by helping students and teachers overcome obstacles and achieve goals. Dr. Hodge has served as a staff developer across the United States and has been a guest lecturer at Christopher Newport University, Hampton University, North Carolina A&T State University and George Washington University.
Dr. Hodge is a trained facilitator for the (SREB) Leadership Initiative Modules “Leading Assessment and Instruction” and “Creating a High Performance Learning Culture”, and a trained assessor and mentor/coach facilitator in the National Association of Secondary School Principals (NASSP) “Developing the 21st Century Principal” program.
Dr. Hodge's presentations often serve as “the spark” for many schools in their quest to meet state and federal accreditation standards. He is also a frequent speaker for elementary, middle and high school student assemblies. Dr. John W. Hodge is an expert in helping schools plan and implement strategies for continuous improvement.
(Sessions are subject to change)
- Beyond the 25% Quota: How to Use New Item Types Strategically
- Creating AWAREness with Data Visualizations
- Leveraging Data Programs - The Critical Cs for Student Success
- Creating a Growth Culture to Inspire Improvement of Student Achievement Performance
- Leveraging Data to Strategically Move Teams Forward
- Understanding the Updated Scale Score Conversions for the Refreshed Accountability System
- Accountable to the Community: Based on a True Story
- The Texas Education Exchange: Statewide Interoperability Platform Data Insights for Schools
CALL FOR PRESENTERS
We are currently accepting proposals to put together an engaging, high-quality conference for our educators.
Deadline for this year's Call for Proposals is February 1, 2023.
Submit your proposal here.
For more information, e-mail Suzanne Symms.
Interested in exhibiting at this year's event? We will be hosting a vendor hall at the conference - e-mail Suzanne Symms for details!
Learning from the Numbers: Strengthening Data Practices
- Date: February 22, 2023
- Time: 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Session ID: 1686555
- Registration Fee: $135.00
- Location: Region 4 ESC, McKinney Conference Center - MCC 101