Free College and Career Session
We want to share an upcoming free session targeting district and campus instructional leaders and counselors to provide career and educational path guidance. A brief description of this free session (lunch provided) is listed below—please feel free to forward this information to other district or campus staff!
Navigate: Exploring College and Careers Session
This workshop targets district and campus instructional leaders and counselors who are tasked with providing guidance to students and families as they make decisions about career and education paths. It will provide an overview of materials and allow participants to schedule teacher training for their districts and order free materials, which include a student handbook and a detailed teacher handbook that includes procedures, lesson plans, and classroom visuals.
Navigate: Exploring College and Careers is a new resource from the Federal Reserve that provides six lessons designed for middle school and early high school students.
- Examine various careers and their educational requirements.
- Evaluate academic opportunities beyond high school.
- Identify academic choices and extracurricular activities that will enhance college applications.
- Research the cost of postsecondary education.
- Explore the types of financial aid and education assistance available.
- Imagine a personal path to success.
Date: May 13, 2015
Time: 9:30 a.m.–1:30 p.m.
Location: Region 4 Education Service Center—Room 101
Audience: District and Campus Instructional Leaders, Counselors
Cost: Free (Lunch will be provided.)