By now you are one day into your holiday. My hope for you is a restful time, but I have a feeling yours will be similar to mine . . .
- HURRY—Buy all the gifts.
- SCURRY—Pack it all up.
- SCRAMBLE—Cook for days.
- WORRY—Will everyone get along? Will the meal be amazing? Will I forget something important?
- CLEAN UP—Too many leftovers, not enough Tupperware.
I find myself spending so much time trying to arrange the perfect holiday that I end up not appreciating the moments. When all the prep is done and everyone is finally together, I am fretting about the next step!
Here is my plan for this year . . . might I recommend it for you too?
- Don’t spend time trying to make things “perfect,” because they never are . . . decorations, food, or people!
- Remember that time with loved ones is the most important thing . . . more important than gifts, a Martha Stewart meal, or a clean house!
- Know that something is going to go wrong. It always does! Accept that it makes for great stories for next Christmas!