Accountability and Leadership Solutions
Senior Education Specialist
Contact: State and federal accountability, assessment, PBMAS, and DVM
Contact: Migrant Program-Title 1, Part C Recruiter
Contact: Counselor supports, Transcript support, McKinney Vento-Homeless Act, drop-out prevention support, foster care liaison
Edna Forté, Ed.D.
Contact: NCLB, Title I, state and federal programs
Contact: Migrant Program-Title 1, Part C
Contact: NCLB, Title I, state and federal programs, and Title III SSA
Department Resources: The Portal
Our department portal contains materials and resources from trainings provided throughout the year to help you improve the efficiency and effectiveness of your programs. Resources are organized in folders by training topic.
Three Department Blogs
Our department maintains three blogs where we post notifications and communications. You can subscribe to receive automatic updates whenever new postings are made. This is designed to provide the latest information immediately across the region in a number of hot topic areas.
Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) Waiver Information
This Texas Education Agency (TEA) webpage provides up-to-date information on the status of the Texas waiver communications with the United States Department of Education (USDE).
Accountability Rating System for Texas Public Schools and Districts
Historical records of accountability ratings from 1994 to the present. Ratings are available for districts, campuses, and charter schools.
Program Monitoring and Interventions
TEA’s website for all program monitoring and interventions—accountability, program, and data validation.
Accreditation Information and Requirements
TEA accredits public schools in Texas at the district level for grades K–12. This is a link to their webpage for accreditation information and correspondence.
Welcome to the Accountability Services page of the Accountability and Leadership Solutions department website! Our team is committed to providing support for all of the region’s stakeholders. The department supports public school districts, public charter schools, and campuses in the following ways:
- State Accountability: Understanding the current index structure and preparing for future requirements of the statewide accountability and monitoring systems
- Federal Accountability: Understanding and implementing requirements for No Child Left Behind (NCLB), including the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) Texas waiver for adequate yearly progress and support for focus, priority and Texas Title I Priority Schools (TTIPS)
- Program Monitoring and Intervention (PMI): Preparing for on-site and desk audits from the Texas Education Agency (TEA) in areas related to the Performance-Based Monitoring Analysis System (PBMAS), including student performance, accountability, and Data Validation Monitoring (DVM)
- District Program Evaluations: Evaluating the effectiveness of district programs and shared decision-making processes through specific training and technical assistance
- Mentoring and Coaching: Support for new central office personnel
- Leadership Network Meetings: Networking with other districts through advisory committees
- Workshops, Customized Contracts, Technical Assistance and Support: Assisting with compliance requirements of all state and federal program areas, including grants
Accountability Leadership Network
Region 4 e-Catalog
The District Accountability Leadership Network is a committee of superintendent-appointed individuals. Members receive current national, state, and local information on all areas supporting accountability. The goal of the network is to identify trends and issues affecting districts, to give feedback on services provided by Region 4 ESC, and to network with other professionals.
For registration information, please contact Richard Blair.