Accountability and Leadership Solutions
Contact: Counseling supports
School Counselor Professional Resources
Bullying Prevention Statewide Initiative—Free Resources, Videos, and Materials:
The purpose of the Bullying Prevention State Initiative is to provide information to school districts, parents, and students to help prevent, identify, and respond to bullying behavior. This initiative has been decentralized to Region 14 Education Service Center in collaboration with the Texas Education Agency.
Drug and Violence Education:
Access the Drug and Violence Education (DAVE) tool that was developed with Safe and Drug Free Schools funds through a partnership between Region 4 Education Service Center in collaboration with the Texas Education Agency under a grant from the U.S. Department of Education. It contains free resources. Note: This information no longer is updated annually.
- Click here to review the DAVE Tool User Guide.
- Click here to visit the DAVE Tool website.
TEA Coordinated School Health Requirements and Annually Approved Programs and Resources
Suicide Prevention Resources
Accountability and Leadership Solutions provides a full range of guidance and counseling services in order to:
- assist counselors in obtaining information to support their roles in helping all students achieve success,
- provide opportunities for counselors to learn and share creative counseling strategies and techniques targeting school-age students,
- provide a resource network of support for both campus counselors and district coordinators of guidance to share best practices, and
- assist traditional districts/charters in developing and/or evaluating systemic practices that support compliance of all requirements.
Professional development workshops are designed to provide school counselors with opportunities for professional development and are aligned with the Texas Education Agency's Comprehensive Guidance Program for Texas Schools: A Guide for Program Development Pre-K–12 Grade.
Workshops are provided at Region 4 and also can be customized and delivered as on-site trainings for districts and campuses. Professional development offerings and on-site services are available in the following areas:
- Academic achievement records (AAR)
- Academic counseling
- Leadership network for district directors of counseling and guidance
- Character Counts: Building Academic Success through a Character Eduction Program
- College and career readiness supports
- College and postsecondary counseling supports
- Counselors' strategies and techniques: elementary, middle school, and secondary
- Crisis/trauma counseling supports
- Ethical practices for school counselors
- Grief counseling supports
- Guidance lessons for classrooms
- High School Counselors Planning for Student Success: Helping Students Become All They Can Be
- House Bill 5 supports
- Master scheduling supports
- Personal graduation plans/programs of study support
- Prevention: Bullying, Crisis, Suicide, Teen Dating Violence Training
- Surviving the First Year: A New Counselor's Perspective
- Transcript and schedule audits
Directors of Guidance Leadership Network Meetings
The Directors of Guidance Leadership Network is a committee of superintendent-appointed individuals. Members receive current national, state, and local information on all areas supporting counseling and guidance topics. The goal of the committee is to identify trends and issues affecting districts, to give feedback on services provided by Region 4 ESC, and to network with other professionals.
For registration information, please contact LaShonda Evans.
Region 4 e-Catalog