Closing the Distance: Mathematics
Closing the Distance, Mathematics is a data-driven intervention resource for teachers of students who may be within a few questions of meeting STAAR® standards and require additional support to close the performance gap. Closing the Distance includes ten student-centered 5E lessons. Each lesson includes a pre-assessment, instructional activities, options for small-group intervention settings, a summative assessment, and a tool to guide student self-assessment and feedback. The teacher edition is accessible in print form. Reproducible masters are accessible in digital form.
- Grade 5 (click here to download a sample)
- Grade 8 (click here to download a sample)
- Algebra 1 (click here to download a sample)
Accelerated Intervention, Algebra I
Each module in this high school intervention series features a different focus and four lessons, with the final lesson serving as a cumulative lesson that connects the content of the previous lessons to support students as they put together pieces of understanding.
- Module 1: Functions and Their Representations (Sample)
- Module 2: Describing Linear, Quadratic, and Exponential Functions (Sample)
- Module 3: Describing and Graphing Linear Functions and Equations (Sample)
- Module 4: Writing and Solving Equations and Inequalities (Sample)
The Accelerated Intervention Algebra I series teacher edition includes teacher lesson notes and answer keys, activities to engage students as they rethink their misconceptions and deepen their understanding, focused skills practice for each lesson, and a CD containing activity masters and student pages. The student edition provides all student activity pages and is sold in sets of 30. Teacher Edition: $25 per module. Student Edition: $120 per module.
See the complete list of Mathematics resources on the Region 4 Store.