Five Area Schools Nominated for 2017 Blue Ribbon Honors
The Texas Education Agency announced the nomination of 26 Texas public schools for national 2017 Blue Ribbon Schools recognition. Among the schools nominated were five schools from Region 4 districts.
All schools that have been nominated for the 2017 honor were selected as exemplary high-performing schools as measured by state assessments.
- Galveston ISD—Austin Middle School
- Houston ISD—Eastwood Academy
- Houston ISD—Lyons Elementary School
- KIPP Houston—KIPP Shine Prep
- La Porte ISD—Jennie Reid Elementary School
Click here to read more.